Explore. Dream. Discover.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday, March 26, 2015


March 22, 2015

Well today we said goodbye to my parents and again it was another emotionally taxing morning. How do you say goodbye to the people that mean the most in your life? Do you say thank you for everything you've done for me? See ya later? or just a simple I love you. I love you seems to little. 

I get that I will see them again and I get that 6 months (or however long we're gone) isn't that long in the grand scheme of things, but still, it's the idea that we are no longer in the same country as them, let alone the same part of the world. We hugged, said some words, mom started crying and that started a chain reaction. Next to cry was sarah, (my sister) and then me.. I was trying hard to cover it up, as I'm the one who MADE this decision I can't be the one to cry, I'm not sad... or am I? I guess, like every decision we make always has two sides; there is never a right or wrong answer in life, but the decision you make must be the decision you MAKE the right one. (if that makes any sense...) We never know what life is going to throw us and when we make a decision we have to do our very best to always see the best in it, as no decision is ever perfect. I'm not saying i'm upset with our decision, in fact it is just the opposite, and am thrilled about the adventure that is in front of us-- but that doesn't make saying goodbye any easier.

I got a bit off topic there, but what i am trying to say is-- Mom and Dad, I love you. I can't wait to see you again and I thank you for all your caring and loving support you have always given me to be myself, grow up strong and always see the best and bright side of things. YOu have given me the spark of adventure that I have today and because of things that OUR family did growing up I am a lover of the outdoors, of nature, and of the unknown. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment