Explore. Dream. Discover.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Kathmandu, Nepal

April 1, 2015

It hasn't set in yet that we are not on a vacation; that we are traveling for an extended period of time and living out of a backpack. It seems like it won't be too hard to keep up what we're doing, especially if we stay in a hotel more than a few nights in a row. So far we have been on the go this whole time. I am looking forward to when we decide to relax.

Arriving in Nepal has been literally insane. It is the busiest place I have ever been to in my life; I am already exhausted and we've only spent one full day here. Not exhausted in a bad way though. There is just so much going on all the time. The hustle bustle of the cars honking their way through the roads, street vendors trying to coerce you to "just come inside and take a look", the motorbikes-- don't even get me started on those, are EVERYWHERE. I don't know how I haven't seen a head on collision yet. No wonder the leading cause of death in Nepal is pedestrian accidents; if your not paying attention, you could be a goner.

The Nepali people are the kindest people we have ever met, however I am hopeful that we find this everywhere we go.

 Taking a Rickshaw ride back to our hotel

No comments:

Post a Comment